"Don't act like you're not impressed."
Alignment and Character Traits
Skills, Abilities, and Powers
Calypso the Cat ( カリプソ猫 ) is a fan made character made by Eternityspark from DA
Raised by the Sekhmet Felidae Clan in the Mystic Mountains, Calypso was born into a hierarchy of female warriors (which is not always a good thing for a pacifist). Since the day of her birth, Calypso has been trained to be a skillful and ruthless fighter. She has been one of the few that that had not initially accepted this form of training, but her work for the tribe began early on anyway. She performed any special task or procedure that the tribe asked of her, but she was known for her reluctance to hurt others. The government (United Federation) tracked her down due to the extreme amount of radiation found in the areas around her, and forced her to contain her powers so she would not hurt anyone by her natural radiation. She was kept in a separate facility, and was allowed minimal contact with others for that period of time. Her tribe then later expelled her after they found out about her abilities, and they still refuse to come into contact with her (shes fine with that though).
Later on she agreed to assist the United Federations (NOT G.U.N.) with special tasks and missions because she had no other place to go, and partially because what they did for her.
Calypso has the ability of nuclear manipulation (nucleokinesis), and she can withstand most kinds of radiation. She can create and manipulate the forces of nuclear fusion and nuclear fission, which basically means that she can create different variations of radioactivity. This activity is extremely dangerous to those around her, so she prefers it when she is completely isolated to use her powers. She cannot do it for a extremely long time, and her powers may fluctuate uncontrollably in accordance to her emotions, due to the fact that she is not experienced with her abilities. She must keep her neck covered at all time, because that is where her natural radiation is most concentrated. All of those around her are exposed to usual levels of radiation, and machinery can also be affected.
Her powers mean that she can make any object radioactive, and also disable electronics/machinery. Calypso is also known to be able to create or absorb heat via her radiation, which means that she can melt obstacles or platforms. Her most useful aspect of this however, is that she can solidify her radiation in order to create barriers, extremely sharp spikes, etc.
She has the power(ability) to jump extremely high (and far) distances in little time, so this is her main way of getting somewhere quickly. She can also use this to help break through walls or barriers, she jumps extremely fast through them, and often ends up with a headache later on. Calypso can also jump down a considerable distance and not harm herself, due to the fact that she is a cat. She can almost jump to the elevation a character with wings can fly at, but what goes up must come back down. She is skilled in some weaponry but is unskilled in hand to hand combat.
Fighting Style Edit
Calypso is not physically strong, but her powers surely make her the power type in a team. She is terrible at hand to hand combat, so she relies on her weapon and her powers to protect herself. Calypsos cat-like agility also comes in handy, especially when trying to evade a foe.
- Calypso is quite insecure when it comes to her powers. She does not wish to do evil with them, and her determination to gain control of her powers is evident, but her lack of existent control usually proved them to be a danger instead of a benefit. Calypso is sensitive towards other people and their well-being, so she always wears full-body clothing to limit the amount of radioactivity she emits. Calypso mostly likes to observe others, even to the point of making others uncomfortable.
- Calypso doesn't like to start fights, but if she does encounter one she will try to end it as quickly as possible. She is a kind and caring individual, who expresses concern for all of her current allies or friends. Calypso has been shown to like performing daring acts, and appears to be good at gymnastics. She is somewhat self-sufficient and does not hesitate in taking on any threat or challenge that she may encounter, even if it is beyond her skill level. Calypso likes to live on the edge, and this causes her to act rebelliously and often recklessly.
Weaknesses and DislikesEdit
- Calypso is unable to swim, but she is willing to go in water if she has someone who can by her
- Calypso does not have a sturdy defense against attacks and usually relies on her nucleokinesis to protect her.
- She has big ears that are sensitive, so if there are any high pitched or loud noises, they can seriously hurt her.
- She has terrible motor skills
- She hates using guns or anything with has a loud firing noise.
- She can be extremely graceful when she is in her home turf (the woods;nature), but is known to be extremely clumsy when she is not.
- Her powers are unstable
- Her head is covered in close-lying orange fur
- White muzzle and inner ears
- Yellowish green irises with slitted black pupils and glassy white sclera. Two thick eyelashes on each eyelid.
- Skinny and somewhat curvy body that is covered with white and orange fur
- Large, alert sensitive ears that are quite flexible and often move where sound is detected
- Small black, shiny triangular nose with no apparent nostrils
- Large, and long tail that acts like any other normal tail would
- 3 curly spikes of hair on each side of her head, 3 varying sizes of spikes of hair that arch out in front of her head, and arched tufts of orange fur on the back of her head, that look somewhat like shoulder-length hair
Interactions with OthersEdit
- "Darling lets not start something that we will regret later."
- "Lets all think about this for a second."
- "Why are there so many people! You know I dont like being in crowds!"
- "Don't act like you're not impressed."
- "Do that again and ill break your leg."
- "I might not look like much, but looks can be deceiving."
*She tends to cuss a lot
*She has very sharp nails that can sheathe and unsheathe
*She has a tomahawk that acts like Amy's Piko Piko hammer, because it appears out of thin air when she needs it (and it scares the daylights out of people)
*Calypso's tail will fluff up like a normal cats would when she gets frightened or scared
*Calypso's hair spikes are very pliable, and are able to fold down and form more real-looking hair
*Calypso has very long legs that help her agility and jumping skills
*She absolutely loves the forest; born and raised there